© Copyright – AXEAN Festival 2023
Hip Land Music / FRIENDSHIP.
Head of International Relations
Originally from France, I began my career as a tour manager in Europe before relocating to Japan 13 years ago. I am currently employed at Hip Land Music, based in Tokyo, where I served as the manager for both the indie band The fin. and the math-rock band LITE for the past five years, encompassing a range of functions including overseeing label activities, organizing concerts, managing tours both in Japan and abroad, and handling promotion and digital marketing. I am presently the head of International Relations, serving as a liaison between the Promotion,Web marketing and PR department, and our digital distribution service department, FRIENDSHIP.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +817037605588
COMPANY / EVENT
Hip Land Music Corporation is a company formed in 1988 and based in Tokyo. Its main activities are artist management, music production and music publishing. It has a well establish reputation in the Japanese music industry for providing quality music and managing or co-managing major artists such as Sakanaction, KANA-BOON, The Oral Cigarettes, and internationally orientated acts like The fin., LITE, Yourness, VivaOla, Wez Atlas, among others. It has continued to take on new challenges, and launched in 2019 the service FRIENDSHIP., an innovative digital distribution service that curates, promotes and supports new music and talents, from Japan to the global scene. Working with local partners in various countries, FRIENDSHIP. organizes and supports events and showcases in Japan, Asia, US (SXSW) and more.
- Artist genres
- Band music e.g. rock, indie-rock, indie-pop, etc.
- Dance music e.g. EDM, DJ, etc.
- Alternative and/or experimental
- Hip-hop, Rap, R&B, Soul, etc.
- We work with a variety of genres, including rock, J-rock, post-rock, indie, indie-pop, lofi, electro, hip-hop, R&B, soul and more.
- Artist types
- Currently famous acts
- Up-and-coming acts
- Undiscovered talents
WHAT I DO
- I help bands sell their music (e.g. publishing, licensing, distribution, sync, ticketing, etc.)
- I help bands develop their careers (e.g. A&R, producer, manager, etc.)
- As head of International Relations within our management company and its digital distribution service, I am tasked with managing and nurturing relationships with international partners, as well as spearheading the development of our roster’s international careers. We are always looking for new local partners (labels, digital distributors, event organizers, booking agents, media and more) as well as artists for collaborations.