© Copyright – AXEAN Festival 2023
Co-owner / General Manager
Eddie is the founder of Speakerbox – a small venue located in central Bangkok.
Originally from Sheffield, England, Eddie moved to live in Bangkok at the age of 14 and has been involved in supporting the live music scene since the age of 16. At a young age, he did what he could to help with the organization and promotion of music and sub-culture events. Since finishing high school in 2008 until now, he has continued to associate most of his time around music – having been involved with local scenes in Southampton, Melbourne, Brighton and of course, Bangkok.
In early 2016, Eddie founded the original Speakerbox – a music venue & bar that existed in the Ratchada Train Market – built inside 4 connected shipping containers and playing host to original music events for various scenes existing in Bangkok. This location came to a sudden and unwanted close in 2017.
Eddie spent a little over a year working for music venues in Brighton, UK before returning to Bangkok after being presented with an opportunity to re-open Speakerbox. Which has been back in action since June 2019.
Now, with the new Speakerbox up and running, the journey towards achieving a shared vision continues, which is to positively influence/develop Bangkok’s live music scene and put it as an attractive city to gig in for touring bands from all over the world.
- Email: email@example.com
COMPANY / EVENT
- Artist genres
- Band music e.g. rock, indie-rock, indie-pop, etc.
- Heavy music e.g. metal, hardcore, punk, etc.
- Dance music e.g. EDM, DJ, etc.
- Alternative and/or experimental
- Jazz and/or jazz fusion
- World, traditional and/or cultural music
- Hip-hop, Rap, R&B, Soul, etc.
- Artist types
- Up-and-coming acts
- Undiscovered talents
WHAT I DO
- I look for bands to perform at my shows (e.g. promoter, festival owner/curator, venue, etc.)
- I help bands get booked for shows (e.g. booking agent, touring agent/manager, etc.)
- I help promote bands to new audiences (e.g. journalist, PR agent, media, etc.)