Ngầm is a four-member independent electronic band based in Hanoi, Viet Nam. Ngầm was initially founded in 2018 by three members: Đỗ Nguyễn Hoàng Vũ (synthesizers, guitars, production), Hà Đăng Tùng (synthesizers, production) and Hồ Trâm Anh (vocals, keyboard, synthesizers). In mid-2020, the band recruited Cao Lê Hoàng as the drummer/percussionist, completing their line-up and adding live drums to their previous primarily digital sounds.
Ngầm marks their divergence from their existing and previous musical projects, and becomes a joint effort to forge ahead novels electronic sounds of their own. Ngầm reflects the members’ interests in electronic, ambient and heavily synth-based music, centered around spatial, atmospheric compositions. Ngầm has had a number of songs in their repertoire, and recently played at Hanoi Rock City’s 10th anniversary concert in December 2020 as well as many live concerts and venues such as “Natural Habitat” at Goethe Institut, Tiny Music Club (Hanoi Social Club), HUB, among others.
Currently we are working on our debut EP expected to be released at the end of 2021.
indie-electronica, drum and bass, ambient, synth-based, spatial, atmospheric
- Hồ Trâm Anh – (vocal/keyboard/songwriter)
- Đỗ Nguyễn Hoàng Vũ – “Râu Dê” (guitar/synthesizers)
- Hà Đăng Tùng – “Đờ Tùng” (synthersizers/production)
- Cao Lê Hoàng – “Luộc” (drums and percussions)
- Ngầm was nominated in the “Finest Artists” category of “Hanoi Grapevine’s Finest”, an annual event honoring influential individuals, organizations and projects in the creative arts, organized and selected by Hanoi Grapevine, Pro-active Audience Network (PAN) and the audience community. Ngầm’s frontwoman was also nominated individually and won the “Hanoi Grapevine’s Choice” award for the category “Finest Artists” in the same event.
- Ngầm organized an audio-visual event in collaboration titled “Natural Habitat” with Nhung Nguyen (Sound Awakener), Bread ‘n’ Tea and Goethe Institut on 7 December 2020, a concert under “Culture Lab”, a series of events selected and funded by Goethe Institut to foster experimental/multimedia live performances and events.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +84 968935425